Saturday, March 28, 2009

Homestretch for the meet

Starting this week, I'll be posting my training journal on this blog. Meanwhile, if you'd like to catch up, you can see what I've been up to in the gym on my journal at strengthmill.net

http://strengthmill.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3722

In short, though, this week has been good and bad. Good in that I achieved a squat PR (personal record) of 425 raw. Bad in that I followed it with 5 hours of sleep and a horrible bench workout, where I failed twice at making 285 raw. By comparison, I did 282 with bronchitis 3 weeks ago. By Thursday, my scheduled deadlift day, I felt so drained that I skipped it altogether. So the plan is to deadlift Monday, bench Tuesday, squat Thursday, and light practice the week of the meet. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment