Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tue. 8/4 - My squat suit still fits!

Put on my squat suit for the 1st time in months today. I hope to get a new one before MD States this year, because I'm a little worried that this one is used too much to get the same support from. I used it in 2 meets and several workouts over the last 6-7 months of 2008. But it may be in better shape than I thought. It was pretty tight around the thighs and hard to pull up, which is how it's supposed to be. I left the straps down the whole time. Still, I think having 2 is a good idea, because if I blow this one out at or close to the meet, I'd hate to be unable to get a replacement.

Also, I pulled out my cheap resistance bands/tubes again. I have 3 pairs, each with different resistance levels, and I have no idea how much weight they add when stretched. I usually double them anyway, and to keep track in the journal, I'll refer them as bands 1, 2, and 3 to note resistance added.

1. Bootleg box squats - not a box, but something I rig to function as such. Stops me right at parallel. All sets done with bands 1&2 on ea. side. XL Inzer sleeves on this, no velcro.

bar+5; 95+/5; 135+/3; 185+/2 x 10 sets - Top bar weight was 40% 1RM. This went very quick, with little rest between sets. I did all this in about 12-13 min. I plan to keep these in the rotation, waving the bar weight between 40-50% and increasing the band resistance with each wave.

2. Zercher pulls - bar on rack about 1" above knee. Did each rep from a dead stop on rack. Still had knee sleeves on.

180/5; 230/5;
added belt, 250/5
tightened velcro on knee sleeves, 270/5 - if not 5RM, it was pretty close

3a. Shrugs
270/13; 320/13

3b. Pull-thrus - cable w/rope attachment
130/11, 14 - cable go caught on my shorts twice on 1st set!

Time - :41. Would have put the suit on before box work sets and removed after Zerchers, but due to time constraints, I had to have it on the whole time. Doubt it helped on anything else.
Reply With Quote

No comments:

Post a Comment